Brief introduction of polarizing splitting prismsApexeloptic
Polarization is an important feature of light. Polarization splitting prisms are an optical element used to separate the horizontal and vertical polarization of light rays.
1. Structural principles of polarizing splitting prisms
Polarization dispersion prism is through the right-angle prism cant plated multilayer membrane structure, and then glued into a cube structure, the use of light to brewster Angle of incidence when the P polarized light transmittance for 1 S the nature of the polarized light transmission rate of less than 1, in light with brewster Angle by multilayer membrane structure after many times, reached through the P polarized components completely, While the vast majority of the S-polarized component reflects (at least 90% more) an optical element.
2. Composition of polarizing splitter prisms
1. It is generally made by gluing or photogluing the hypotenuse of two right-angle prisms. Polarization film is plated on the inclined plane, and the P-polarized light in the incident light is transmitted, while the S-polarized light is reflected. The surface of all incoming beams is generally coated with antireflection film.
2. It is an optical element used to separate the horizontal and vertical polarization of light. It has been widely used in the optical industry and in all walks of life.
3. The action of polarizing splitter prisms
The function of a polarization splitting prism is to separate the horizontal polarization and vertical polarization of a beam of light, in which the P polarization passes through completely, while the S polarization is reflected at an Angle of 45 degrees, and the outgoing direction is at an Angle of 90 degrees with the Plight.
The transmittance ratio of Plight and S light is greater than 1000, and the transmittance of P light is above 90%. It has the characteristics of low stress, high extinction ratio, good imaging quality, and small beam deflection Angle. A polarization-splitting prism is made of a pair of high-precision rectangular prisms glued together. The application of polarization beam splitting prism in laser interferometer is introduced below.
Because the laser has excellent time coherence, its coherence distance can reach several kilometers, so since the advent of the laser, laser as the light source of laser interferometer has concerned people, its application scope continues to expand, and laser interferometer technology also continues to develop, there have been various forms of a laser interferometer.
Although various forms of laser interferometers exist, in principle, they can be reduced to two basic types: single-frequency laser interferometers and heterodyne laser interferometers.