- Global Manufacturing and Advanced Metrology Technology
- Off-the-shelf and custom, from design to prototyping to mass production
- YITU Manufacturing Capability
- Over 600 aspheric lens designs available for immediate delivery
- Consistently exceed λ/40 surface accuracy
Apexel Optic has extensive experience in producing aspherical lenses for applications ranging from digital cameras, medical ophthalmic instrumentation and surgery, life science systems such as infrared, to industrial laser equipment, space science, astronomy, metrology and analytical instruments, and defense . Aspherical lenses have become the focus of development in the field of optical imaging.
Apexel Optic manufactures high-volume aspherical lenses 24 hours a day, producing thousands of precision aspherical lenses every month. Equipped with state-of-the-art production and metrology equipment, our manufacturing cells complement our expertise in aspheric lens design and manufacture. Whether your application requires stock components from our vast inventory, build-to-print lenses, or fully custom design work, our expert optical design and manufacturing engineers can develop a solution to meet your needs. Contact us today to speak with an expert or get an expedited quote.
Apexel Optic's manufacturing process eliminates additional investment in spherical substrates and prepared tooling and tooling fixtures, allowing customers to jumpstart production plans. We have extensive experience in making high precision products from a variety of Schott, Ohara and CDGM glass types as well as fused silica and machinable copper, aluminum, fluoride, single crystal germanium, silicon, zinc selenide, IRG26 and more. MOQ starts from 2 pieces to ensure optical performance.
Manufacturing Limitations of Aspheres Form-Based Fault Tolerance
|Commercial||Precision||High Precision / Laser Grade|
|Diameter||10 – 200mm||10 – 200mm||10 – 200mm|
|Asphere Figure Error (P - V) @ 633nm||5λ||1λ||λ/10|
|Vertex Radius (Asphere)||±0.5%||±0.1%||±0.05%|
|Peak Slope Error||1μm/mm per 1mm window||0.35μm/mm per 1mm window||0.15μm/mm per 1mm window|
|Centering (Beam Deviation)||3 arcmin||1 arcmin||0.5 arcmin|
|Center Thickness Tolerance||±0.100mm||±0.050mm||±0.010mm|
|Surface Quality (Scratch Dig)||80–50||40–20||10–5|
|Aspheric Surface Metrology||Profilometry (2D)||Profilometry (3D)||Interferometry|
|Surface Roughness (RMS)||3nm||2nm||1nm|
* 1/10th wave at 632.8nm, limited by design and/or metrology
Still looking for aspheric lens manufacturers?
Contact one of our aspheric experts on duty today to learn and customize how aspheric lenses can help enhance and optimize your current lens system.
- Talysurf PGI 1240 Profilometers
- LUPHOScan Non-Contact 3D Profilometers
- QED ASI Aspheric Stitching Interferometers
- Zygo® NewView White Light Interferometers
- OptiPro UltraSurf 4X 100 Non-Contact Profilometers
- TRIOPTICS Opticentric® Centration Measurement Machines
- Zeiss Contura G2 CMMs
- Olympus MX51 Microscopes
- Design-Specific Computer Generated Holograms (CGH)
- LUPHOScan 260 HD